From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading gcc: both 4.4 and 4.5 needed?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:34:09
1 Jarry writes:
2
3 > On 15-Nov-11 20:36, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 13:58, Jarry<mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> today I upgraded gcc from 4.4.5 to the last stable version
6 >>> But at the and I noticed gcc 4.4 has not been unmerged
7 >>> and my "world" file is somehow larger. To my surprise,
8 >>> it contains these lines:
9 >>>
10 >>> sys-devel/gcc
11 >>> sys-devel/gcc:4.4
12 >>
13 >> Because your forgot the -1 / --oneshot flag when manually upgrading gcc.
14 >
15 > Hm, I always thought "--oneshot" was not necessary when
16 > doing update. Even "Gentoo GCC Upgrade Guide" says just
17 > "emerge -u gcc" (or "emerge -uav gcc" in DE-version).
18 > The option "--oneshot" is used there only for libtool.
19 >
20 > And I'm pretty sure I've never used "--oneshot" when
21 > updating any packages, yet they have never been added
22 > to world-file...
23
24 Nope. Just try again with a small package, as I just did, emerge -u will
25 add it to the world file. This has not always been the case, but it has
26 been changed at least some years ago. I'm using the newest portage, but
27 I believe the stable portage works the same.
28
29 Wonko