From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UDEV permissions
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:24:38
1 On 1/17/06, Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > What I'm having difficulty with is finding information on the illusive
3 > /etc/udev/permissions.d directory. According to the kqemu docs, I should
4 > edit the file /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions and add the
5 > following line to it:
6 >
7 > kqemu:root:root:0666
8
9 The kqemu docs are out of date...udev has been changing too frequently
10 for external packages to keep up.
11
12 In /etc/udev/rules.d/48-qemu.rules, you will find the following line:
13
14 KERNEL="kqemu*", NAME="%k", GROUP="qemu", MODE="0660"
15
16 Paste this into /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules, and change the MODE
17 statement to "MODE:=0666".
18
19 However, you could also just add any users you want to use qemu to the
20 kqemu group, which would be the Gentoo way.
21
22 -Richard
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list