From: Andrey Gerasimenko <gak@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:39:03
1 On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:55:50 +0300, Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Oh,God!
4 > I can't start my machine with the livecd anymore even I have burned
5 > another livecd with "livecd-i686-installer-2006.1.iso".
6 > The error is still all the same:"coldpluging pci devices",which
7 > appears at 68%'s progress.
8 >
9 > Now my machine has a Windows2003,so is there any way that I can
10 > install gentoo in Windows?
11
12 You may install Gentoo from any live CD. I installed mine from Knoppix,
13 but it looks like any live CD will do.
14
15 I also do not see how Windows 2003 or whatever being installed can prevent
16 your system from booting a CD. Much more likely, it is a hardware or BIOS
17 (not likely, but still a better guess than Windows). You may try to remove
18 all PCI devices except the video card and try to boot the CD again.
21 Andrei Gerasimenko
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list