From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [HEADS UP] udev-181
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:59:15
1 I just had a bit of a scare after updating to udev-181, but
2 all is well now, finally. (I hope :)
3
4 In addition to the separate /usr problem that has already
5 been discussed at length here, there are other important
6 changes in udev-181 to be aware of.
7
8 First, I had to add two new items to my kernel config:
9 CONFIG_DEV_TMPFS (which I thought I'd had for years but didn't)
10 and CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL. I also elected to make the devfs
11 automounting, but I don't think that was really necessary.
12
13 Second, don't forget like I did to update the udev initscripts
14 with etc-update or your machine won't be able to find the udev
15 files in their new locations (just like mine didn't) and none
16 of your kernel modules will auto-load, either.
17
18 Oh, and of course you need to pre-mount /usr before udev starts
19 if you have a separate /usr partition -- but you already knew
20 that ;)