From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Font recommendations for netbook?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:12:44
1 On 11/10/09, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Fluxbox is blowing up on my new machine because it can't find any
3 > fixed fonts. I just realized that merely building xorg-server doesn't
4 > download any fonts. Looking at /usr/portage/media-fonts I see a whole
5 > bunch of options. Any experiences good/bad with any of them? Remember
6 > that this will be on an 11.6" netbook, currently running 1024x768, and
7 > hopefully 1366x768 one of these days. And the less processor power it
8 > requires to render, the better.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
12
13 I found this site helpful to set up spionic.ttf. And I have only
14 xorg-server and only the default window mgr that comes with X.
15
16 http://www.textkit.com/greek-latin-forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3644
17
18 Maybe it'll suit your case.