From: "wdk@.moriah" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendation for a router/WAP
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:32:45
1 On 03/02/2012, at 5:49, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:34:01 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >
5 >> I also have WZR-HP-G300NH and wifi suffered constant disconnects and
6 >> poor performance.
7 >
8 > I have a WZR-HP-G300NH with firmware DD-WRT v24SP2-EU-US (08/19/10) std -
9 > build 14998 and can't recall the last time I lost a wireless connection.
12 > --
13 > Neil Bothwick
14 >
15 > Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
18 Same here with one exception, tho 1 version before. The microwave when physically between the two devices will drop streamed videos etc - web browsers don't notice it. Otherwise it just works. I am using 15dbm power but the location is not the best - multiple metal door frames/walls LOS between the couch (iPad users) and AP.
19
20 I am also using G-only mode as some of my G-only devices don't like N/G mixed mode (happened with other routers so not a fault with the buffalo). This thread caused me to think again as the main device with this problem has moved on (broke, binned) so Ive re-enabled mixed G/N mode and will see how it goes.
21
22 I did see the disconnect problem discussed on forums (after I bought it!) but never suffered from it - maybe it was early hardware?
23
24 BillK