From: Jonathan Haws <Jonathan.Haws@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Networking Issue
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:42:57
1 I am running Gentoo on a Sager NP5560 and am having a nightmare getting
2 the networking to work right. I finally have the Intel 2915ABG card
3 working just fine, but I cannot seem to get the Ethernet to work at all.
4 I have configured it for DHCP and it will not get an address. I have
5 other systems on the same network that get DHCP addresses just fine
6 (WinXP and Suse Linux). Here are some specs:
10 Kernel: 2.6.20.1
11
12 Gentoo Linux
13
14 Ethernet card: Realtek card using r8169 module
18 Any ideas? The /etc/conf.d/net file is very basic. All is has is
19 config_eth1=("dhcp") then the wireless stuff. I could get eth1 to work
20 if I manually assigned an address, but now that doesn't work either.
21 Any help is appreciated.
27 Jonathan R. Haws
28
29 Jonathan.Haws@×××××××.edu