From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udisks and exfat
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 03:07:33
1 On 2019.04.29 21:19, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > How does one execute a file on an exfat formatted usb key?
3 >
4 > I have an encryption app that must be executed from the drive to work
5 > (secure-stick).  Works great in windows, linux is a real pain because
6 > I
7 > think udisks is forcing execute off and I cant overide it.
10 > help!
11 >
12 > BillK
13 At least show us the output of "ls -l" on the file in question. Does
14 "chown +x file" have any effect? Why do you think you can't execute
15 such a file? What happens when you try? How have you tried?
16
17 Jack