From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WARNING dev-libs/icu-49.1 is BAD
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 12:53:55

They are, the old libs stay around until you emerge @preserved-rebuild... and then everything breaks.
> That way software doesn't suddenly brake until you reemerge half your > desktop/servers (only to reemerge everything again the next day, because > that lib gets suddenly masked).
In an ideal world, broken software wouldn't be released at all, but ~arch is called testing for a reason and we have now tested icu-49. -- Neil Bothwick WinErr 00A: Promotional literature overflow - Mailbox full

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-user] WARNING dev-libs/icu-49.1 is BAD Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>