From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Perl-cleaner failing
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:33:25
1 Tom Wijsman <TomWij <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > > Thanks for your reply, Yes I tried to update. But packages failing to
5 > > install because of some perl XML libriaries problems. I googled and
6 > > found suggestions to run perl-cleaner and it doesn;t run for me.
7
8 > Exclude those with --exclude ...; as perl-cleaner needs to be run after
9 > a Perl upgrade (not only Perl, but also its libraries), and if that as
10 > part of a system upgrade didn't completely go well then perl-cleaner
11 > will come across blockers due to an inconsistent system state.
14 Sometimes I have to run these commands several times to
15 clean up perl:
16
17 perl-cleaner --modules
18