From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is the correct way to remove an old gcc-version (emerge --depclean) ?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:45:58
1 Hi,
2
3 on my embedded system I currently ran into a problem:
4
5 As adviced after a greater world update I did
6
7 emerge --depclean -vp
8
9 beside other stuff sys-devel/gcc was shown as candidate
10 for removal. An old version was shown for removal and
11 a newer one was shown as preserved.
12
13 I checked with eselect, whether the new version was selected
14 (it was), made a backup and started emerge --depclean -v.
15
16 As soon it has removed gcc, a firework of error brightened
17 my terminal...beside other things the shell failed while
18 trying to access libgcc (if I had recognized that correctly...).
19
20 Technically no problem: I stopped that, cleared the sdcard
21 and installed the backup...but what did I wrong here?
22
23 What is the correct way to handle such things?
24
25 Best regards,
26 Meino