From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [partially OT] USB wifi adapters that are supported out of the box?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:56:42
1 Hi,
2 We are going to put a wireless network in a new building in my lab.
3 This is just a temporary/backup solution, so the boss had asked to buy
4 USB wifi adapters (instead of PCI receivers) that eventually can be
5 easily plugged and removed.
6
7 There are a couple of Linux machines (a Kubuntu 6.06 box and a Debian
8 Sarge box) that should be made working, but I also hope to have a
9 Gentoo box on it soon, so it's not totally off topic :)
10
11 Therefore, I'd like to know what USB adapters to buy that don't give
12 too much headaches in configuring and working. I tried googling a bit
13 but all what I found is confused and outdated (2004, 2005 at most)
14 information.
15
16 Thanks,
17