From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrome - no system title bar or boarders
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:42:54
1 On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 11:10 AM Steve Evans <gentoo-user@××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:53:57 -0700
4 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Sorry to cross post. I put this on the KDE list yesterday but no
8 > > to start.
9 > >
10 > > Starting yesterday morning both of my KDE machines no longer show a
11 > > system title bar or border for Chrome, and only Chrome. All other
12 > > apps are fine. Right clicking the Chrome tab area has a checkbox for
13 > > 'Use system title bar and borders' but it does nothing. Chrome
14 > > version 94.0.4606.54.
15 > >
16 > > Losing the title bar means losing (as far as I know) the ability to
17 > > pin an instance of Chrome to all virtual desktops which I use for
18 > > browser streamed media - YouTube, Netflix, etc. I've switched that
19 > > window to Firefox for the time being.
20 > >
21 > > As Gentoo is usually a bit further forward I wondered if anyone here
22 > > using Chrome and KDE has seen this issue?
25 > Mine is also missing the title bar. However the "Use system
26 > title bar and borders" /does/ restore the normal title bar for me. This
27 > is also version 94.0.4606.54 on KDE.
28 >
29 > Steve
30
31 Thanks Steve. Glad to know at least it works for you.
32
33 Kubuntu updated Chrome this morning but the problem still exists.
34
35 Assuming user error on my part, do you or anyone else reading know of any
36 KDE
37 System Settings that might tell KDE not to use system title bars on a
38 certain
39 application window? Maybe something got set or tweeked that's causing
40 this problem?
41
42 Sadly still no response on the KDE list.
43
44 Thanks,
45 Mark