From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any real need to switch python targets back and forth every month?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 07:51:38
1 On Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:50:34 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Yes there was the original news item - but nothing about the problems
4 > this caused, and the back and forwarding which is causing me grief.  It
5 > is only switching targets, but when you have problems and decide to
6 > remove 3.6 and recompile, then having to go through it all again
7 > without  proper information it has impact.  A news item is supposed to
8 > give information ... I am not criticising the changes itself (sh..
9 > happens), but being left in the dark about it.
10
11 Agreed, the switch back occurred with no explanation, a news item should
12 have been written for that, and maybe a brief warning one when
13 reinstating the 3.6 setting.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of
20 dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and
21 unidentifiable chunks of fish.