From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why you use Gentoo
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 03:18:48
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 07:49, Rodrigo Lazo wrote:
2 > [user]
3 > Portage
4 > Handbook, it dragged me out of the dull and darkness that I was living in
5 > and because... it works!! 99% of the times it didn't work was because of
6 > me.
7 Okay I've taken the bait. This is the same reason I love Gentoo. The bugs
8 (outside of portage) are MY bugs. Other distros might have strange
9 interaction problems because of patches they add for usability or stability,
10 but in Gentoo the bugs are MINE. I own the bugs. It's up to me to push to
11 get them fixed or find workarounds, because either I'm doing something wrong
12 or there is an honest to goodness bug in the app.
15 Zac Slade
16 krakrjak@××××××××××.net
17 ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99
18 --