From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mdev for udev substitution instructions web page is up
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 08:40:12
1 On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:37:49PM +0100, Sebastian Pipping wrote
3 >> On 03/17/2012 03:51 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >> > The page will be permanently "under construction", i.e. evolving as
5 >> > we find out more about how mdev works.
6 >>
7 >> Unless you want to maintain total control of the data flow I would
8 >> suggest turning that page into a new wiki page at
9 >> <https://wiki.gentoo.org/> to ease contribution to others and to
10 >> increase availability and accessibility of that content.
11 >
12 >  Probably the best thing to do in the long run. I've never done any
13 > wiki editing/posting, so I'll take a day or 2 to read up on it.  The
14 > help page looks rather complex.  Or are there any volunteers here who
15 > can copy the contents of the web page to a wiki page?  I'll gladly
16 > change my webpage to a pointer to the wiki page.
17
18 First stab: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev
19
20 I don't know the Gentoo wiki's style policies, but I do know MediaWiki
21 reasonably well. I did take license to edit for language/linguistic
22 style, but not for substantive comment. Please go through and correct
23 anything that seems broken. It's almost 4:30AM where I am, and I
24 really ought to be sleeping, so I almost certainly mussed something
25 up. Pretty sure I switched styles about halfway through, too.
26
27 You should find the MediaWiki syntax reasonably accessible; just click
28 'edit' at the top of the page and compare what the 'raw' form looks
29 like with what the results look like.
32 >  On a tangent, is that a better tutorial on wiki pages anywhere?
33
34 MediaWiki.org has the best content. Generally, you'd play around in a
35 sandbox page of your own (on whatever wiki site you have an account
36 on) to get a feel for things.
39 :wq