From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh problem
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 17:01:03
1 On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 11:42:41 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > I want to login to a remote site <aaaaa.bbbbbbbb.cc> using 'ssh'.
4 > The response I get is "Unable to negotiate with <nnn.nnn.nnn.n> port
5 > <nn>: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss".
6 > Yesterday, I updated 'openssh' :
7
8 It sounds like the host may be running an old version of sshd that only
9 offers ciphers that are now disabled by default in newer releases. You
10 can get round this by enabling those ciphers for this host, with
11 something like this in ssh_config
12
13 Host aaaaa.bbbbbbbb.cc
14 Ciphers +ssh-rsa
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Last words of a Windows user: = Why does that work now?