From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] New Gentoo Laptop part 2
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:30:58
1 Hi folks:
2
3 ok -- we didn't get the snow day I was hoping for, but, I decided to go
4 ahead and work on the new install anyway. -- Call me crazy --
5
6 I am in the process of the build now, and am beginning to think about
7 software, and I am not sure that I understand how to properly install
8 stuff.
9
10 For example, there are programs from several different families that I
11 like and that I want to use. For example
12
13 >From Gnome - I like Nautilus and gthumb (among others)
14 >From KDE -- I like Konversation, Akregator, and DigiKAM
15 And from Generic (no specific family) I like Audacity and the Gimp
16
17 I am pretty sure most or all of these are in portage, so getting them is
18 no big deal. I will be running Fluxbox, and I would like the programs
19 with all their proper features, without the extra bloat that installing
20 GNOME and KDE would bring. Can someone please advise on the proper way
21 to go about doing this???
22
23 Thanks
24