From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Diskless nodes
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 17:27:55
1 On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:12 PM, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, instead of getting into trouble of making disk-less node I figure it out my Atom (small box) can access Main server via X2GO. I tested it on my local network and speed wise it works OK. Buy my computer is much faster than the Atom. So after upgrade I'll see how it will run. All boxes have gigabit network cards.
6 While this would certainly work, you should also consider using a
7 windows technology like rdp/citrix to connect directly from the client
8 to the VM guest. That might actually give you better performance.
9
10 It is analogous to running a linux VM in a window and typing into its
11 console, vs running a linux VM headless and using ssh to connect to
12 it. Ssh is probably going to give you a more integrated experience
13 and better performance, because you're not virtualizing a console with
14 minimal support for stuff like the clipboard/etc.
17 Rich