From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crazy KDE4 panel
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 20:28:43
1 On Saturday 02 May 2009 00:11:50 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > There is a shot of my screen (1.4MB, look at bottom and right panels):
4 > >
5 > > http://gaydenko.com/tmp/shot01.png
6 > >
7 > > which I get periodically after few hours working under KDE - at some
8 > > moment crazy things happen :-) There is very long software chain from
9 > > kernel video driver (intel in my case for on-board G965) to KDE4 itself
10 > > (~amd64). As a result, I'm not sure where to dig in.
11 > >
12 > > Has anybody ideas about a reason of such "beauty" panels? :-)
13 >
14 > I had very similar screen corruption when using NX with KDE4. Recently
15 > when I changed to Qt live ebuilds from qting-edge overlay with the
16 > "qt-copy" USE flag enabled, these corruptions went away.
17
18 Thanks, I'll try!
19 Have you noticed any side-effects after adding qting-edge to overlays?