From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] configuring wlan0
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:21:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently moved from a wired ethernet interface to wireless via ndiswrapper.
4 I now have wlan0 interface, and configuring it by hand works fine.
5
6 But, on boot, it's not coming up. The initscript gets as far as setting up the
7 essid, but then says that it cannot configure it. That's the only feedback.
8
9 msoulier@anton:~$ cat /etc/conf.d/net
10 essid_wlan0="digitaltorque"
11 config_wlan0=( "192.168.0.5/24" )
12 routes_wlan0=( "default via 192.168.0.1" )
13 msoulier@anton:~$ ls -l /etc/init.d/net.wlan0
14 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Nov 8 2008 /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 -> net.lo
15
16 Do I need more here? I'm not yet running encryption, just a MAC filter, so no
17 other wireless params are needed.
18
19 Mike
20 --
21 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
22 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
23 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
24 --Albert Einstein