From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up if you start X with startx; xorg-server suid flag
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 07:58:32
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 01:28:17AM -0500, wrote
3 >> * According to /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-server/ChangeLog USE="suid"
4 >> has been enabled as of December 20, 2012. If you do not enable it,
5 >> you will not be able to run startx as a regular user. xdm and other
6 >> X login managers will still work.
7 > Let me re-phrase that. A USE="suid" flag has been created. If you do
8 > not enable it, you will not be able to run startx as a regular user.
11 I checked here and it must be enabled in my profile. I don't have it in
12 make.conf or any other portage file that I edit. I use the KDE profile
13 for those who are wondering. It may save time looking/checking it.
14
15 Dale
16
20 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!