From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] auto mounting and umounting flash drives using udev rule
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:52:29
1 On Monday 16 Jun 2014 20:58:07 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Looking for alternatives on the subject, I've found this:
5 >
6 > http://www.unixli.com/q/answers-automount-usb-sticks-on-gentoo-78276.html
7 >
8 > It looks good, for now, it creates a directory named after the VFAT
9 > partition name under "/media" and then it mounts the flash drive on it.
10 >
11 > Regarding umounting, it umounts the drive after it is removed, which looks
12 > strange (to say the least) to me.
13 >
14 > Did I miss something? Or, in other words, is there a way of forcing
15 > operations on a usb flash media to always flush buffers and/or caches as
16 > fast as possible?
17
18 You shouldn't need to define any special udev rules, the defaults should work.
19 Make sure sys-fs/udisks is installed.
22 Regards,
23 Mick