From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} which fs on 1.8TB partition
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 10:28:37
1 On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 05:18:33 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > Anyone have any experience with comparing performance with either btrfs
4 > or ZFS against either ReiserFS or XFS for a maildir based mail server?
5
6 I tried btrfs on a mail server and it was unbearably slow. Disabling
7 copy-on-write made a big difference, but it still went a lot faster when
8 I switched to ext4.
9
10 I haven't used XFS in years, maybe it's time to revisit it.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Walk softly and carry a fully charged phazer.