From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone else's Gentoo unruly lately?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:32:51
1 On Sunday 29 June 2008, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > > Doesn't that give you a huge world file ...
3 >
4 > No: of course, I 'emerge -1' when the pkg is not marked 'W/S' in my
5 > pkg.ref. Currently, 'world' lists  97  pkgs ; pkg.ref lists  513
6 >  pkgs.
7
8 OK, that would work.
9
10 I suppose I don't stand much chance of trying to convince you that
11 portage does a damn fine job of automating this (quite extensive
12 looking) tracking process and just correctly doing what you want
13 anyway?
14
15 :-)
18 Alan McKinnon