From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "Johan Blåbäck" <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Synaptics touchpad mistaken(?) for Logitech Wheel Mouse
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:47:09
1 Hello Johan,
2
3 On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Johan Blåbäck <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > So what I suggest could be the problem is that I got my kernel wrong,
5 > since it seem to emulate Logitech instead of synaptics. But I don't
6 > know if that is the problem, or how I fix it. (I have all the kernel
7 > options that the gentoo-wiki synaptics-how-to recommends.)
10 After running all the tests suggested in this thread (including kernel
11 configuration, make.conf, tpconfig, /proc/bus/input/devices), I find
12 myself in pretty much the same situations as you are.
13
14 Today, when re-compiling the kernel, I found this link [1] to the
15 synaptics project, suggesting troubleshooting methods. Looking at
16 their Changelog [2], synaptics [3] looks kinda dropped out of
17 maintainance; the latest version "Made the driver work with xorg 7.1".
18 If you're on 7.3, like I am, who knows whether it works. A last
19 suggestion, try upgrading synaptics to the last unstable version,
20 update the config files and cross your fingers.
21
22 Regards,
23 Liviu
26 [1] http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/trouble-shooting.txt