From: Gyuszk <hangcsapda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cedega no keyboard input
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:19:55
1 Hello Gentoo and Cedega/Wine/WineX users,
2
3 I'm playing a couple of games with Cedega (latest 5.2.10). My
4 problem: when using Cedega under X11+Gnome (or whatever window manager),
5 when I start a game (Warcraft III ROC, GTA San Andreas, Steam + CS 1.6,
6 whatever), there is no keyboard input. I can use mouse, but no keyboard
7 at all. If I run a game in a desktop window (for example 800x600
8 window), everything's fine. But running games in a little window is a
9 pain as you all know...
10 When I run Cedega without any gnome/metacity/fluxbox (minimal X11
11 session with xterm), everythings fine, Cedega gets focus for keyboard.
12 I'm trying to google the problem. I'm searching the web, explicitly
13 gentoo and ubuntu forums (these 2 are very big).
14 All I found out that cedega loses keyboard focues when it was
15 started in a gnome/kde/any windowsmanager environment, gets focus when
16 started from pure x11 session with xterm.
17 It is a workaround, that I run games from a pure x11 session, but...
18 Can you tell me how to fix this keyboard issue? Is there any chance to
19 get it workin'?
20 Thanks a lot.
21
22 Gyuszk