From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc upgrade and firefox/seamonkey issues
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 02:34:06
1 On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 07:57:32PM -0500, Dale wrote
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I recently did a upgrade which included glibc. Now both Firefox and
5 > Seamonkey has problems starting. I have several profiles and some work
6 > and some don't. Using safe-mode works which makes me think the browsers
7 > themselves are OK but something else got messed up. The only package I
8 > see that I just updated is glibc that might could cause this issue.
9 > This is the recent emerge list from emerge.log:
10
11 [...deletia...]
12
13 > I thought about going back to the old version of glibc but we know that
14 > is not a good idea. That one is sort of a one way street. If no one
15 > has any ideas, I may try a emerge -e world and see if that helps any.
16
17 Try revdep-rebuild first.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications