From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Downgrading gcc
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:11:38
1 On 02/19/2012 08:20 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to downgrade gcc from 4.5.3-r1 to 4.4.5.
5 >
6 > The Gentoo gcc UPgrade guide tells me, that ABI are only upward
7 > compatible which implies problems when downgrading and not upgrading.
8 >
9 > Nonetheless a downgrade is needed here and I want to go
10 > to gcc-4.4.5.
13 As the others have already said, gcc-config is the way to switch between
14 gcc versions. In theory, every time you switch between different gcc's
15 you *should* run 'fix_libtool_files.sh <old-gcc-version-number>' *and*
16 recompile every package that links to libstdc++ (because libstdc++ is
17 part of the gcc package and gcc-config switches versions of libstdc++).
18
19 I suspect most people don't actually do those things, however :)
20 Just keep it in mind if any c++ applications start acting weird.