From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 23:28:41
1 On 02/08/13 00:28, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Ok, rehashing this, but please don't turn it into another udev vs
5 > systemd thread.
6 >
7 > I have an older server that I have been putting off this update,
8 > debating on whether to update to the regular udev, or to eudev.
9 >
10 > I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
11 > find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to eudev.
12 >
13 > The eudev project page is sparse, to say the least.
14 >
15 > Anyone?
18 Something like
19
20 olympus ~ # cat /etc/portage/package.mask
21 >=sys-fs/udev-180
22 ...
23 olympus ~ #
24
25 olympus ~ # grep udev /etc/portage/package.keywords
26 sys-fs/eudev ~amd64
27 =virtual/udev-206 ~amd64
28 olympus ~ #
29
30 unmerge everything udev && emerge eudev
31
32 its been much less fuss and bother than trying to stick with the udev
33 machinations - I have maybe 15 machines and vm's running eudev, no udev
34 ... :)
35
36 BillK