From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3d rendering with dri radeon
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:45:26
1 On Tuesday 28 February 2006 13:13, Bo Andresen wrote:
2 > I am very surprised by this but it turns out direct rendering is working
3 > now with the kernel modules. And the performance is quite a bit better than
4 > before:
5 [SNIP]
6
7 Well, when I conducted the tests that yielded a performance of 228 FPS with
8 dri I forgot that I had F@H running in the background. This makes the whole
9 difference in performance. By starting that service I get down to the same
10 lousy framerates with dri from the kernel and by stopping it again the
11 performance goes up again.
12
13 So all in all the performance without F@H and with dri is 5-6 times better
14 without F@H and without dri.
15
16 > I am clueless as to why this is working now when it wasn't before...
17
18 This still does not explain why this is working now when it wasn't before I
19 compiled a kernel without dri and emerged x11-drm. But hey, it works... ;)
22 Bo Andresen
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list