From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Graphite causing trouble
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:20:11
1 On 01/06/12 11:55, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > To get things compiling I removed all signs of graphite. I'm not sure
4 > whether it's worth the trouble of putting it back in again. Thoughts,
5 > anyone?
8 On the one hand, it's kind of fun and educational to have something
9 break in a novel way so that you can figure out how to fix it.
10
11 On the other hand, those things only break when you have something
12 important to do.
13
14 I try to keep my laptop in good shape, and then do the unspeakable to my
15 desktop machine at home. If I ever need to do something urgently (fill
16 out a spreadsheet to apply for a scholarship) and something is broken
17 (libreoffice can't find libhahakissyournightgoodbye.so.1) I can always
18 walk into the living room and do it on the laptop.