From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] simple image annotation software
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 14:43:02
1 What application would people recommed to add some simple annotations
2 to image files? For example, I'd like to add a few arrows, some text,
3 and maybe a box or oval or two. I sometimes do stuff like that from
4 the command line using ImageMagick's "convert", but drawing arrows
5 with that is pretty painful.
6
7 I found x11-misc/shutter, which I think can do it, though I don't need
8 the screenshot capability. However, shutter pulls in 50+ other
9 packages as dependencies (including a load of gnome stuff) that I
10 don't really want.
11
12 Are there any other options? I could probably figure out how to do it
13 in LibreOffice draw, but that seems suboptimal.
16 Grant