From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Weird graphical glitches after world update
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:48:53
1 On 11/21/2013 07:10 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
2 > I spent a chunk of yesterday updating world on my machines (2 file
3 > servers and 1 netbook) and with some effort, the updates went through. I
4 > had to go out today so I rebooted my netbook and I started noticing
5 > weird graphical glitches in certain applications, as if parts of the
6 > screen weren't updating,
7
8 Sounds like a video driver problem. Are you using one of the proprietary
9 video drivers (ati-drivers, nvidia-drivers, etc)?
10
11 If yes, you could try:
12
13 #eselect opengl list
14 Available OpenGL implementations:
15 [1] ati *
16 [2] xorg-x11
17
18 My ati-drivers need the proprietary version of opengl and sometimes this
19 setting is wrong after updating the opensource mesa package.
20
21 Otherwise I'd just try re-emerging your video drivers as an experiment :)