From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /dev/dvd playing up
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:01:32
1 Hi all,
2 I got a new kernel and now can't get dvds to play. Does anyone have any
3 suggestions? I searched for ages but never got a solution that works...
4
5 Using mplayer
6 antt@tux ~ $ mplayer dvd://1
7 ....
8 Playing dvd://1.
9 libdvdread: Could not open device with libdvdcss.
10 libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
11 Couldn't open DVD device: /dev/dvd
12
13 /dev/dvd is there - but I am not sure if this is right.
14
15 antt@tux ~ $ ls -l /dev/dvd
16 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Aug 7 13:34 /dev/dvd -> hdc
17
18 Changing it to /dev/hdc does nothing...
19
20 trying mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/hdc doesn't work either, though
21 I can mount the dvd manually and access it that way, though of course I
22 can't play it normally.
23 Any help appreciated.
24 Cheers
25 Antoine