From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] thinkpad w/ core i5-2xxx ?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:31:18
1 I have an offer to sell my Lenovo ThinkPad R61 (Intel Core2Duo T8100).
2
3 I am rather happy with that notebook, after having upgraded RAM, SSD and
4 a new batterypack.
5
6 The opportunity to get some money for it instead of using it until it
7 isn't worth anything anymore makes me look for a new thinkpad.
8
9 I'd like to keep with thinkpads as I like the overall quality ...
10
11 Now there are so many variants and additionally it is always the
12 question how the specific device behaves with linux and/or gentoo.
13
14 Maybe anyone in here has some good recommendation out of personal
15 experience?
16
17 wishlist:
18
19 core i5-2xxx CPU
20 >=4 GB RAM
21 any hdd (I will put my SSD in there)
22 ~15 inches of matte display
23
24 I like that thinklight feature ... though it's not a must ;-)
25
26 That's about it for a first thought.
27
28 Thanks, looking forward to any tips, Stefan