From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync script
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:33:44
1 On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Friday 21 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
5 > > Hi
6 > >
7 > > MAILTO=kaushal@×××××××.com
8 > > 0 18 * * * rsync -av /var/lib/mysql kaushal@host77:/var/lib/
9 > >
10 > > If i put this two lines in crontab it will run correctly,My
11 > > requirement was to create a script, this script should indicate
12 > > success or failures and the reason for failure
13 >
14 > crontab will only send a mail is there is anyput to stdout. What output
15 > do you get if you run the rsync manually?
18 Hi Alan
19
20 When i run the rysnc command by hand, it runs successfully without any
21 issues. I can see it on stdout saying building list files........ and then
22 the rsync process
25 > Do you have any packages installed that can actually send the mail?
28 I did not understand this question
29
30 Thanks and Regards
31