From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Recovering data from a formatted hard disk
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:37:46
1 Peter Volkov (pva) wrote:
2 > On Пнд, 2006-01-30 at 17:03 -0800, Grant wrote:
3 >> I've heard that data can be recovered from a formatted hard
4 >> disk. Lucky for me I don't have any interest in actually doing this,
5 >> but I got in an argue\ment with a buddy last night about whether or
6 >> not it was possible. I'm sure I've read that the government and other
7 >> well-funded institutions have this capability. Is it true?
8 >
9 > What a long thread, full of myths. But there are no miracles :)
10 >
11 > Short answer for your question is... No. It's not true.
12
13 Of course not.
14
15 > Having some experience in field of data recovery I'm not going to dive
16 > into my real stories. I'll better give some general hints.
17
18 Ah, thanks a lot for doing away with all those myths. Everything
19 you write sounds pretty much like what I've heard and also
20 makes a lot of sense. Most certainly more than those recovery
21 rumors :)
22
23 > You may find some interesting information about data recovery in google.
24 > But as I told you. No miracles. Sorry. =)
25 >
26 > HTH,
27
28 Yes, very much!
29
30 Alexander Skwar
31 --
32 A person who is more than casually interested in computers should be well
33 schooled in machine language, since it is a fundamental part of a computer.
34 -- Donald Knuth
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list