From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolving this block
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:12:50
1 On Sunday 22 March 2009 17:35:56 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
2 > On 21/03/09 Nick Fortino said:
3 > > Hmm, that's odd. gtk+ does flag the fact that it includes gail with the
4 > > block you are running into, and gail-1000 is used to make programs which
5 > > depend on gail happy. emerge -uDN world should really just take care of
6 > > this, as gail should be upgraded to gail-1000.
7 > > At the end of the day, Daniel is right, unmerging gail should resolve the
8 > > block, and everything should work when you are done upgrading. Portage
9 > > should (and did for me) take care of this on it's own though.
10 >
11 > Hmm. Is it possible that I don't have the latest portage?
12 >
13 > I have sys-apps/portage-2.1.6.7.
14 >
15 > emerge --pretend --update sys-apps/portage
16 >
17 > shows nothing so I guess I have the latest one...
18
19 You have the latest *stable* portage.
20
21 There are others in the unstable branch with the latest cutting-edge features.
22 Lucky for us, Zac has done an excellent job in the last year of stopping just
23 short of the bleeding edge
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com