From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepim-4.6.0 woes
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:45:10
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2011 11:23:15 Indi did opine thusly:
2 > > Sorry for the rant and language, this has beena major
3 > > clusterfuck for me. And where I come from, that kind of
4 > > monumental cock-up in a QA'ed release gets you fired. Or at
5 > > least busted down to maintenance coder. Grrrrrrr...
9 > Ha, so it's true then: using my blackberry as a PDA (sync'd to
10 > google calendar) and not bothering with that stuff on my computer
11 > anymore may indeed have saved lives. I suspected as much.
12
13 Android Android Android Android rulz
14
15 I fear for the desktop, I really do. I class myself as a decent KDE
16 user who often reads the code instead of the docs, If I can't figure
17 out how to use the app, what chance do regular users stand?
18
19 I look out over the nearby Support desk and watch the flunkies with
20 Win7. I see a very bright future indeed for Android
21
22 > Sorry, not to make light of your predicament. I do sympathize.
23
24 Ah no worries, we'll laugh about it soon enough. Halfway there already
25 - spilt milk and all that
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com