From: Ralph Seichter <m16+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads up: Gentoo fouls up mail transport agent.
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 22:20:21
1 On 21.07.2018 23:03, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > But what's the proper method to tell my gentoo system that I don't
4 > want crud like nullmailer installed?
5
6 Install an MTA using emerge, or let Gentoo know that you have installed
7 qmail manually. When you work around portage, you are responsible to
8 keep Gentoo happy in terms of dependencies. Gentoo did not "foul up",
9 you just tried to be a tricksy fellow, unaware of the consequences. ;-)
10
11 -Ralph