From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:15:59
1 Am Sonntag, 01.02.2015 um 16:31
2 schrieb walt <w41ter@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Thanks wabe. I forgot to mention that I use systemd now, and I've
5 > had to work out a few problems with nfs over past months because our
6 > gentoo systemd scripts are lagging a bit behind upstream, which is
7 > not surprising.
8 >
9 > For example, I had to add the rpcbind.service to the multi-user
10 > systemd target because even nfs3 seems to need it. (I knew when I
11 > switched to systemd I was volunteering for some extra problems, but
12 > I don't regret it. Yet ;)
13
14 I'm still on OpenRC and I don't wanna switch to systemd for some
15 reasons.
16
17 > As I said in my earlier post, I've now disabled nfs4 in both kernel
18 > and nfs-utils on all my machines, with the same result: the first
19 > attempt to mount an nfs3 share hangs indefinitely, but if I kill the
20 > mount process and repeat it immediately, the mount succeeds.
21
22 I also have no nfs4 support in my kernel. Here is my kernel config for
23 the NFS stuff:
24
25 CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
26 CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
27 CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
28 # CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
29 # CONFIG_NFS_V4 is not set
30 # CONFIG_NFS_SWAP is not set
31 # CONFIG_NFSD is not set
32 CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
33
34 > I'd love to know if anyone else can reproduce this problem with nfs3
35 > on either OpenRC or systemd.
36
37 I'm using nfs3 since many years but I never had this problem. I'm sorry
38 that I can't help you.
39
40 Regards
41 wabe