From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 02:50:14
1 David W Noon wrote:
2 > The more I think about this merge of / and /usr, the dumber I think
3 > the idea is. As I wrote in an earlier message on this list, the
4 > initramfs will be many times larger than the kernel itself. Indeed, my
5 > /boot partition is only 32 MiB, and that will be too small to contain
6 > all the extra libraries and programs to run the initramfs script.
7
8 If you don't like the idea, better hope over to -dev and help come up
9 with ideas. Actually, you may have to go hunt down the Fedora dev that
10 came up with this brilliant idea. The Gentoo devs are just having to
11 follow along since the Fedora dev isn't listening. Personally, I hope
12 he runs into a real hair pulling issue that makes him regret this. Then
13 again, he is using a binary distro which uses a init* anyway so he may
14 not care either way. Should we wish for a nice rm command to get put
15 into his init* thingy and erase his stuff? Evil ain't I? LOL
16
17 What's the emoticon thingy for choking a person? This work? :-@
18
19 Dale