From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scrapping hal
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:47:20
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 28 October 2010 04:50:18 Dale wrote:
5 >> I think KDE is moving away from hal to tho. I read somewhere the
6 >> switch is coming. I think it is switching to policykit at some
7 >> point. I notice it is already in the USE flags for kdelibs here,
8 >> disabled here at the moment tho. That would be if it doesn't change
9 >> again.
10 >>
11 > On this ~amd64 box:
12 >
13 > $ emerge -pv xorg-server
14 > [...]
15 > [ebuild R ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.1 USE="ipv6 nptl udev xorg -
16 > dmx -doc -kdrive -minimal
17 >
18 > No mention of hal there.
22 They are probably already moved away from hal. Everybody knows it is
23 going and that is a bleeding edge version of xorg too. I'm still on 1.7.*.
24
25 Which brings me to my next question. How is xorg 1.9 working for ya?
26 Any gotchas? May try it here.
27
28 Dale
29