From: Rafer@×××.de
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto speed up compilations
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:09:39
1 On Monday 18 July 2005 19:07, John J. Foster wrote:
2 > Good afternoon all,
3 >
4 > A few weeks ago I read in one of the newgroups a way to greatly decrease
5 > compilation times. The author noted that this was particularly noticable
6 > when working with something like OO. The general jist of it was to
7 > create temporary file system in memory and mount your portage tmpdir
8 > there. For the life of me, I can't find that thread anymore. Does anyone
9 > do something similar to this? Are there noticable gains to be had. I
10 > have an Athlon 2800XP and 1 GB ram.
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > John
14
15 Yes Sure :) Here John read This Sektion ->
16
17 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Speeding_up_portage
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list