From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying USB->USB: sync after every file
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 23:55:01
1 On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 11:12:43PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 02:14:27 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 > > On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 11:56:03PM +0000, Mick wrote:
4 > > > On Saturday 28 Jan 2017 23:55:05 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
5 > > > > Well, I created a test user, which is only member of the audio and video
6 > > > > groups. With that, I do get the arrow button which is also able to mount
7 > > > > the media. But it also gets “Access denied” when I click on the Dolphin
8 > > > > item. So it’s not a permission thing per se. More like a settings
9 > > > > problem with my KDE (funnily enough on both my machines). *sigh*
10 > > >
11 > > > Add your user to group plugdev, reboot and try again.
12 > >
13 > > Adding myself to that group is one of the first things I learned and
14 > > remembered from when I dived into the Gentoo world. ;-)
15 >
16 > I can't recall if you confirmed you are also a member of the usb group? If
17 > yes, then I'm running out of ideas ...
18
19 I am not part of that group (never have, methinks). So on the laptop I added
20 my user to the usb group, logged out and back in, but the behaviour remained
21 unchanged.
22
23 I set up a new Gentoo system on a spare HDD in a chroot. It is still
24 building (thouh plasma is already done). I’ll boot it tomorrow and see what
25 it does. This is my first system with KDE5 from scratch without having seen
26 KDE4 (except for the PIM suite).
29 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
31
32 “Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.”
33 — Rich Kulawiec