From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local rsync mirror problem
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:51:24
1 John Blinka wrote:
2 > Hi, all,
3 >
4 > I'm rebuilding a gentoo box from a disk failure, and everything is working
5 > (I think) except restoring its ability to act as my local rsync mirror.
6 > I've
7 > followed the instructions in http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml,
8 > (and they worked fine, of course, before the disk crash)
9 > but clients trying to sync with it get this error message:
10 >
11 > root@lotus:~--> emerge --sync
12 >
13 >>>> Starting rsync with rsync://192.168.1.104/gentoo-portage...
14 >>>> Checking server timestamp ...
15 >>>>
16 > @ERROR: Unknown module 'gentoo-portage'
17 > rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
18 > main.c(1296) [rec
19 > eiver=2.6.8]
20 >
21 >>>> Retrying...
22 >>>>
23 >
24 > The /etc/rsyncd.conf file contains:
25 >
26 > # /etc/rsyncd.conf
27 >
28 > # Minimal configuration file for rsync daemon
29 > # See rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for help
30 >
31 > # This line is required by the /etc/init.d/rsyncd script
32 > pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
33 > max connections = 5
34 > use chroot = yes
35 > uid = nobody
36 > gid = nobody
37 >
38 > # Simple example for enabling your own local rsync server
39 > #[gentoo-portage]
40 > path = /usr/portage
41 > comment = Gentoo Portage
42 > exclude = distfiles/ packages/
43 >
44 > The system log contains only a similar "unknown module" message.
45 >
46 > Any ideas about what's going on?
47 >
48 > John Blinka
52 Well, if your config is exactly the same as posted here, I think you
53 should uncomment the line "#[gentoo-portage]" ;-)
56 Best regards,
57 Daniel
61 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list