From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: No beep.
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:18:34
1 Hello, Nikos.
2
3 On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 17:02:41 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > On 14/08/17 21:22, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
5 > > However, during the building, I discovered to my disgust that there was
6 > > no loudspeaker in my new case.
7
8 > You sure? These days, it's not shaped like a speaker anymore, but more
9 > like... a clip-on microphone? Not sure how to describe it. It's really
10 > small and easy to overlook in the mainboard's package along the other
11 > cables and connectors. It's this one:
12
13 Yes, I'm sure. I think. There's no mention in the motherboard's manual
14 about a speaker being included, and there was no mention in the case's
15 manual about hooking up the loudspeaker.
16
17 > https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RP0YW4962
18
19 I'll have a look at that, sometime. I've just migrated "everything" to
20 my new PC, and (apart from the beeplessness) am happy about it.
21 Libreoffice emerged in just ~25 minutes (plus ~11 minutes for the other
22 42 packages which went with it).
25 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).