From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bittorent black box
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:06:11
1 On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 00:02 +0100, laurent wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I would like to use my server as bittorent client and maybe tracker later.
5 > I would like to have a web interface but I could also develop it myself
6 > later.
7 >
8 > I saw, qbittorent and hrktorrent that looks good. I don't know any
9 > features of the last one.
10 > What would you recommend to use?
11 >
12 > thanks
13 > Laurent
14 I'd recommend net-p2p/deluge (http://deluge-torrent.org/).
15 It has all the features I ever wanted and its written in Python using
16 libtorrent as engine.
17
18 It runs as a non-ui daemon to which you can connect clients via network.
19 Existing clients are: console, web and gtk+.
20
21 I start the daemon and a web client on my server, and connect ether via
22 web or with the gtk-ui :)
23
24 It has no build-in tracker, but I recommend using a public one anyway
25 (for example http://openbittorrent.com/).
26
27 Bye,
28 Daniel
31 PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
32 # gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887