From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB-C PD delivery & Lenovo USB-C hub.
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 22:32:23
1 On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 at 21:52, Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru> wrote:
2 >
3 > чт, 26 сент. 2019 г. в 23:39, Dom Rodriguez <shymega@×××××××××××.uk>:
4 > >
5 > > OK, after much deliberation, I've determined the issue! I'm banging my head on
6 > > the wall here after realising the cause.
7 > >
8 > > I was using an Anker power adaptor, which supplies 60W in *total* to both ports
9 > > on it - a USB-C port, and a USB-A port. The USB-A port consumes 15W, and the
10 > > USB-C port is left with 45W.
11 > >
12 > > The USB-C hub - for example, the one I've got now consumes 18W from the 45W
13 > > supplied - which leaves the laptop with 27W. My Thinkpad has a minimum required
14 > > USB-C PD wattage of 45W - so that's why it wasn't working!
15 > >
16 > > Thanks to all who helped with this problem.
17 >
18 > Hello Dom,
19 >
20 > Thanks to you for the information!
21 >
22 > Do not bang your head too much ) This result is a good result, could
23 > be useful to others.
24 >
25 > --
26 > Best regards,
27 > Alex
30 Very interesting finding! Thanks for sharing. :-)
33 Regards,
34 Mick